Skimlinks offers full transparency on which Publishers are driving traffic and sales to Impact merchants via the reports in Impact's interface. You can view this transparency in two reports
- Actions Listing Report: this includes a column called ‘SharedID’ which shows the ‘Parent Domain’.
- Performance by Referring Domain: this does not have complete coverage, but will show the website domain from the referral URL. Coverage is at 70% network wide, but will vary.
We also show referring URL information in Advanced Action Listing reporting:
- Under 'Reports' select the Advanced Action Listing Reporting
- Advanced Action Listing gives you the option to select "Show"
- Choose "Referring URL"
- Run Report
You are also able to set up unique rates per website using SharedID. The steps are below:
- Create a new Insertion Order (IO). It is preferable to use an existing IO - the most recent for example - as a template. This will mean you do not need to recreate a lot of rates you have already set up and might want to continue.
- On creating the IO, enable ‘Payout Groups’.
Set the ‘payout terms’ to "Referral SharedID" and enter the value of the parent domain - for example ‘elle.com’.
You can repeat this process for all the Parent Domain values you want to set an exclusive rate for. If the number of Parent Domains is very high you can request assistance from your Impact CSM who can help you use ‘bulk upload’. This functionality allows you to populate IOs from an excel template.
Submit the IO and confirm when it's submitted and if Skimlinks needs to accept it.